Hosted CRM FAQ
Here are some introductory answers to frequently asked questions we receive on the topic of hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
1. How much does hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM service cost?
Answer: Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM offers the Professional license. Read the current pricing. A minimum of one Professional license is required for a Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM account.
2. What is the minimum number of users?
Answer: The minimum number of users for hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM service is one (1) Professional license.
3. Are there any setup fees?
Answer: The setup fee is $50 per-user, which also grants access to our Success Portal tutorial-video library. The setup fee is non-refundable. Private cloud (dedicated environments) are also available. Please contact us for pricing.
4. Do you offer trials?
Answer: Yes. Once a subscriber has signed a hosting agreement, we can provide a trial for the remainder of the calendar month in which the hosting agreement was signed. The standard setup fee of $50 per user applies and must be paid before the trial can be initiated. It is the customer’s responsibility to cancel the trial before it converts to a paid subscription. The customer is responsible for any monthly service fees that are incurred by the customer once the trial ends. Additionally, the $50 per-user setup fee will not be refunded, regardless of whether the trial is cancelled or converted to a paid account.
5. Do I need to sign a contract?
Answer: No long-term commitment is required. However, we do ask that you sign our hosting agreement, which explains the terms and conditions of our hosted CRM service. The customer must give a thirty-day notice of cancellation. No prorated or partial months are allowed, and no refunds for partial months will be awarded.
6. What kind of experience does xRM have in the CRM field?
Answer: xRM is a Microsoft Partner with competencies in CRM and Hosting and has been working with Microsoft CRM since version 1.0. We were selected by Microsoft as the exclusive Technology Adoption Program partner for the hosted Microsoft CRM offering. xRM was the first CRM provider in the USA to go live with the solution. Our engineers worked closely with Microsoft to build the hosted CRM model.
7. Is xRM authorized to provide Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Answer: Yes. xRM has a Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) with Microsoft. The SPLA enables service providers to license Microsoft products on a monthly basis to provide services and hosted applications to their end customers.
8. Is your solution backed by Microsoft?
Answer: Yes, Microsoft has approved and fully stands behind our solution.
9. Do you have a services uptime guarantee?
Answer: Yes, we guarantee a services availability uptime of 99.9%.
10. Do you have a Service Level Agreement (SLA)?
Answer: Yes. View a copy of our SLA.
11. What is your support policy?
Answer: We offer 24 x 365 support through our Customer Portal.
12. What security measures does xRM employ in its hosted model?
Answer: xRM employs the latest in security technologies to ensure that the highest security standards are maintained. Intrusion detection devices are deployed at the edge of the network that scan all traffic before entering the network for malicious code (e.g. buffer overflows, denial of service, etc.) that is intended to compromise the targeted system. Only screened traffic is allowed to pass through to the next security layer. The second set of devices, again, scan traffic for malicious code (e.g. viruses, trojans, etc.) based on definitions updated hourly. If this test passes, traffic is then passed on to redundant firewalls where strict access rules will allow traffic to pass on to the host system. All of this happens at the nano-second level to ensure that even though the strictest of security policies are enforced, performance is never compromised.
13. What is the difference between Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM hosted by xRM?
Answer: Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM from xRM offers the same user interface and powerful features of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. The biggest difference is that xRM provides hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM service from its datacenters, whereas Microsoft hosts Dynamics CRM Online. There are other differences as well. For a full list of the differences, please visit How is Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Different from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online?
CRM Online is hosted by Microsoft and has a 5-user Professional license minimum. If you have fewer than 5 users we can absolutely still take care of you with our partner-hosted model. It's the same product (Microsoft Dynamics CRM), but a different cloud. To be clear:
- xRM is a Microsoft partner that specializes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and hosting.
- CRM Online is Microsoft Dynamics CRM hosted by Microsoft.
- xRM is a reseller of CRM Online, offers a partner-hosted model of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and provides professional services around both -- i.e., we can help you with either product.
If you already have a CRM Online instance provisioned for your 30-day trial it is important to understand that should you wish to continue using Microsoft Dynamics CRM after the trial period, you will have two options:
- Continue with CRM Online, hosted by Microsoft. In order to continue with this option you will have to adhere to the 5-user Professional license minimum, which is at least $325 month, or $65 per user per month multiplied by the 5-user minimum.
- Use our partner-hosted model where we have a 1-user minimum at $65 per user per month.
Please note that if you choose option 2, and you have a current CRM Online instance hosted with Microsoft, you may need to migrate data from your Microsoft hosted Dynamics CRM instance to our partner-hosted environment. If you decide to migrate this data, your choices are to perform this migration yourself (our complimentary Success Portal may help you) or have xRM complete the migration for you via a Professional Services Engagement with xRM.
14. What version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM does your hosted CRM service use?
Answer: Our hosted CRM service currently uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016. CRM 2015, CRM 2013 and CRM 2011 is also available for backward compatibility. Dedicated environments can run any licensed version of CRM.
15. Where are your data centers located?
Answer: Our data centers are located in the United States.
16. Do you offer dedicated servers in addition to the shared, multi-tenant environment?
Answer: Yes, we offer dedicated environments, shared environments, and hybrid environments.
17. Why should I choose Hosted CRM over Business Contact Manager?
Answer: The short answer is that you should switch to Hosted CRM when Business Contact Manager no longer meets the needs of your business. Read more on our CRM versus BCM page.
18. Can xRM design and create SSRS reports for me based on data in my Hosted Dynamics CRM account?
Answer: Yes, xRM consultants can create any number of SSRS reports for you. Standard consulting rates apply. You can read more at our Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting page.
19. What is the Sales Productivity Promotion?
Answer: It is a promotional Microsoft offer that bundles Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Professional and Office 365 E5 for $85 per user per month. There is a 5-user minimum. If you already have Office 365 E5 then you can add CRM Online for $50 per user per month. A 12-month contract commitment is required. The offer currently has no expiration date. For additional information please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
20. If we have fewer than 5 users, can we qualify for the Sales Productivity Promotion?
Answer: No. The only way to take advantage of the Sales Productivity Promotion is to have everything hosted by Microsoft, including CRM Online, and adhere to the 5-user Professional license minimum.
21. What is the length of the contract or shortest term I can have for hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM from xRM?
Answer: The shortest term is one month. Each user must pay a one-time setup fee of $50 dollars, which includes membership in our Success Portal tutorial-video library, and will be placed in a month-to-month model. Individual users or your entire account can be cancelled at any time with a 30-day notice. There are no partial or prorated months. The minimum monthly fee per user for the hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM service is $65.
22. What level of support is included in the monthly recurring $65 per user?
Answer: The $65 fee covers any infrastructure issues on the hosting side. It does not cover desktop, laptop, etc., issues on the user side. It does not cover Outlook client installation issues or questions, but we do provide detailed instructions and videos on doing this. As a hosted customer you also have free access to our Success Portal tutorial-video library.
23. Are Microsoft Dynamics CRM specialists, consultants, and developers available to help us as needed?
Answer: Yes, we run the gamut in Microsoft Dynamics CRM services and have a deep resource pool that can assist with anything you need regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Learn more about Professional Services from xRM.
24. How much disk space is included with 1 user license?
Answer: 5 GB.
25. What about storage for non-production instances?
Answer: All instances under your subscription will consume the existing storage that is available to the account.
26. What are the rates for additional storage?
Answer: Additional storage is available at $5 per GB per month.
27. Can I use third-party add-ons or custom plug-ins developed using the SDK with your product?
Answer: You should be able to. If the third-party add-on supports CRM Online then it should work in our environment as well.
28. Am I able to connect to the CRM using the SDK on a local machine?
29. Can I create custom SSRS reports in your hosted version?
Answer: Yes. They can be SQL based or Fetch-XML based.
30. Can I connect Microsoft Power BI to your Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Answer: That’s not supported on our shared hosted environment model, but it is supported on our dedicated environment model. Contact us for dedicated environment pricing.
31. Can I export and import customizations just like with on-premises deployments?
32. How much for a separate development environment?
Answer: A separate non-production instance is $150 per month. Storage is shared with the production instance. The same additional storage fees apply as for the production instance.
33. Am I able to get a backup of my SQL Server database for CRM?
34. Are there any other limitations between your offering and the CRM Online version?
Answer: Read How is Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM Different from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online?
35. Can I use a Windows Phone?
Answer: Microsoft currently does not support Windows Phones for on-premises or partner-hosted CRM deployments. However, the user can use the browser on the phone to access CRM. “Windows Phones aren't currently supported for on-premises CRM deployments.” — https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/troubleshoot-a-crm-for-windows-app-start-up-error.aspx
Add the ultimate small business CRM to your tool chest
Sign up now
Have questions about hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Use the form below to have an account executive follow up with you.